Sunday, August 28, 2005

29 weeks (basically)

So I've gotten a few complaints about my lack of updates... sorry. It's good to be reminded that not everyone reads minds! The last 10 days or so have not been really busy. Mostly at this point I'm trying to figure out where on earth we're going to stick this baby and how we're going to have room for all the stuff that follows along. I've reorganized a lot of the common rooms (living and dining) and have managed to make some room in the bedroom by sorting & purging & organizing a lot of my clothing and closet. However, I've still got a to reorganzie the basement storage area and move my sewing/studio space out and move Jim downstairs. Then I can paint over the ugly pink walls and make a nursery space upstairs. Oh boy I don't know how it's going to happen!

Baby bean is doing well so far as I can tell. There seems to be a definite cycle of play and rest, although this baby seems heavy on the rest part of it with short spurts of more activity spread out through the day. It's fun to watch my stomach jump out when baby bean really gets going! Baby bean went to his first rock concert this last week, too! We went to see the White Stripes on Wednesday last week and overall I'm not sure the kid liked it! Towards the end of the concert I felt a little more movement but mostly it was pretty quite in there. Although, maybe the kid was stoned from all the pot. I couldn't believe it. The reason we were able to go to this concert is partially 'cause it's a no smoking venue. Not only were people lighting up right and left (faster than security could tell them to stop) but there was quite a bit of pot. About a third of the way through the concert I started smelling it so strongly that I could barely breathe. I was beginning to feel panicky thinking all sorts of horrible things about my poor stoned baby (it was REALLY strong, I was literally choking on the smoke) when I notice it's the guy standing right next to me! I was so angry that I (very stupidly) turned around and smacked the guy on the arm (and I really hit him) and yelled "What the hell, man! I'm pregnant!!!" The twit jumped about a foot and threw the roach on the floor saying "I'm so sorry, I was trying to keep it in my hand!" Are you kidding me!!!!! I was so angry that it didn't even occur to me to go get the security/cops until about 30 minutes later. At which point there was no immediate evidence. What a jerk.

The last bit of baby related stuff is that I went and registered this week. It's such an akward thing registering and I have no clue what little things are really necessary and what things are just clutter. Anyway, I registered at Target and Babies R Us for actual stores (but the registeries are online, too... I posted links on the sidebar) and then I will have a registry at punkinbutt.com for the last bit of diapering stuff I need. If anyone looks at my registeries and thinks "Wow, you really need such & such" please let me know. I'm kind of a bare basics thinker right now and I just don't know what is nice and what is necessary for some things.

More later this week after we've had our interview with the doctor. I'm sure I'll have a lot to vent (umm... I mean say) about that!

No comments: