Monday, January 23, 2006

3 Months old!

Time flies. I can't believe how big he is now. I'm not sure about his weight (I'm guessing about 14 lbs, but that's really just a guess) however, I measured his length the other day and he is 25 inches long!! That means that he grew, honestly, 4 1/2 inches in the last month. I didn't know that was possible! As far as landmarks in his development go, Daniel has started vocalizing and talking to us A LOT! He may take after his mama (and his papa for that matter) and be a reall chatter box! He has started really liking diaper changes, laughing and talking and free cycling his legs and arms. This is such a fun stage! He is sleeping pretty well in the bed although he's started nursing a lot more, waking up every two hours after the first stretch and shortening the first stretch by about an hour or so. It was really neat when Jim came home, Daniel loves to look at his Papa! He seems to talk and smile more for Papa than for me :( I guess I should brace myself for being the second class parent! I remember always being so excited to spend time with Dad. Funny how Daddies are somehow more exciting than mommies! Oh well! I at least get these first few months!

It's been quite a week! Last Wednesday, my grandmother died. She was 82 (I believe) and ready to go home. My grandfather died a little more than two years ago and she was recently moved out of her private room into a shared room at the nursing home. I think that was the last straw. Fortunately, Daniel and I were able to see her to say goodbye on Tuesday afternoon. She was so glad to see Daniel, she just kept her eyes glued to him the entire visit.

In some strange, beautiful balance of life, Daniel was baptized on Sunday... it seems that there's always a reminder of new life near the time of grief and death. It was lovely to have the family gathered in celebration! We had a lunch after the service and everyone came. Daniel was so well behaved. Just before Kurt got up to do the baptism, he started fussing and was ramping up to scream, but my finger stopped him short (mmm, yummy). Soon after, he noticed Kurt's face and got totally fascinated! He started laughing and talking! It was kind of sweet. There are pictures below.

enjoy the new pics! more soon.

No comments: