Saturday, November 25, 2006

Our feast day

Our Thanksgiving was great! We all got up early: Daniel & Jim played while I bustled about and finished cooking. We were all by ourselves (which is how we like it on Thanksgiving, so please don't feel sorry for us). I made a simpler version of the traditional feast and was able to find a smaller bird this year at Costco. It was delicious even if I do say so myself! We ate around lunchtime so no fussy toddler! Daniel wasn't too sure about most of it, including the sweet potatoes (go figure 'cause he usually loves sweet things!). He did however LOVE the cranberry sauce! He ate more of it then Jim or myself, enthusiastically scooping it up into his mouth and smearing it ALL OVER HIS FACE!

After lunch and clean up we went for a long walk (it has been beautiful here, sunny and in the mid-60's for the past few days!!!). We landed at the playground and Daniel swung for awhile. Then he climbed up into the jungle gym and went down the slide! All by his self. He even went down backwards! I guess I'm always underestimating his abilities but this struck me as remarkable! :) After we put Daniel to bed we watched a movie and then crashed a little early. It was a lovely relaxing slow-paced day just the three of us! Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

No comments: