I just want to give kudos to my awesome Papa who fixed my washing machine in spite of some serious plumbing (and flaming) drama! Monday, he cam over in the afternoon for what should have been a pretty simple job: replace a part in the washer and replace the cold water hose into the washer. Well, it's never that simple is it? After quickly fixing the washer, the whole project came to pieces, ending with the soldering torch reversed the flame, shooting fire up my Dad's arm. He (like any person who values their limbs) tossed the flame away from his body. And it landed in a plastic-type bag (PUL) full of dirty diapers. Well, the PUL bag LIT UP. I mean, I heard it make that "vwoom" sound that movie & tv fires make!! Dad yells, "Do you have a fire extinguisher?!?!" So I go running up the stairs to get the fire extinguisher (past a flame that was about 4 feet high at this point) and come running back down the stairs, pulling the pin as I go. As soon as the extinguisher actually worked, the flame went out instantly. But it left a stinky, smoky, gritty mess all throughout the house! Everyone was fine, although D-boy was understandably freaked out the rest of the afternoon and evening! And my Papa's arm didn't even have a singed hair on it! Amazing!
So I say, thank God for fire extinguishers and for reminding me where I keep it!
what's in a tense?
10 years ago

1 comment:
There can't be anything like a good flaming diaper. Wow. I must admit that this made for an entertaining read (but at your expense, unfortunately). Glad everyone is okay! I like the photo of the burnt diaper. Maybe you could turn it into a series and make it your specialty as an artist. "I specialize in photos of burnt diapers" has a certain ring to it.
Post a Comment