Saturday, November 29, 2008

Baby genius tricks & more 3 year old funnies

G is presently eating a piece of straw that fell out if the broom. D is shouting, "No, not in your mouth" quite passionately. I'm trying to assure him it's ok, mama's got a handle on it but he's not hearing me. I'm thinking it's a little strange how protective he's feeling all of a sudden (see picture titled "the Truth" below) when he's pops out, "Not in your mouth! It goes on your head. To make a horn. A Batman horn." OK. So strange.

While my preschooler is saying funny things, I'm going to brag on the baby a bit here. She's a genuis, you know (ok, I have to insert here that the last thing I want for my kids is to be labeled a genius with any sincerity. I think that's messed up. Off my soapbox now...) She has 4 more-or-less consistent signs now: potty (waving one hand side to side at chest level), all done (both hands low in front of chest), hi/bye (one hand flapping up & down) and more (clapping her hands together in front of chest). She also sorta says "all done" (hah-da) & "potty" (ptht, ptht) although she only really seems to say potty when she has to poop or in the wee sma's when she's not distracted. And I still think she'll be walking around 9 months. She cruises whenever she can and has stood up in the middle of the room a couple of times now! This is all happening so fast. It seems strange and yet, it fits her personality I think. (Umm, uh-oh?)

No comments: