Thursday, March 12, 2009

Time flies...

when your computer is down. The lack of updates is largely due to my powerless laptop. But here's a quick one before the kids destroy the basement:

We started working at the farm last week. It should be a fun, if busy, summer! They both have done great digging in (& eating) the dirt, chasing chickens and generally entertaining themselves so I can work. I have to say, if that's all we gain from this, I'll be content! We will need to come up with some sanctioned activities, though as after a couple days they are no longer content digging in the pathways but are beginning to look longingly at the beds. That's not really a habit I wish to encourage so I'm looking at making an official dirt bed complete with kid sized tools. Maybe we can give them a little plot to plant some sunflowers in or something, too. We'll see.

The chicks are at least triple their original size and trying desperately to fly around (no one told them they can't fly!) I think we'll need to move them outside pretty soon, maybe in two weeks, depending on weather and security of the coop.

Little Miss is still not walking. After taking a wonderful 10 steps at once, I believe she scared herself and decided that she's not quite ready to take on the world upright yet! More soon and pictures as soon as I can free them from my powerless computer!

No comments: