Thursday, May 14, 2009

My sweet boy

Last night was one of those nights when you really wonder why you ever wanted children. After taking an hour and a half to fall asleep, Little Miss finally passed out. She slept for a lovely stretch then woke up at 4:15am and basically screamed and fussed for the next 2 hours. Around 6:15am Daddy and I finally got the Howler back to sleep. Only to have Mr Man wake me up 20 minutes later. Argh. Ugh. Drag myself out of bed as quickly and silently as possible cause I am NOT waking that baby up again! And plop myself onto the couch with a cushion and a sheet cause I can't keep upright. My sweet boy, who had a great night of uninterrupted sleep and was fresh and chipper, was so kind in snuggling up against me and running off to play alone while letting me rest for another hour and a half til I felt closer to sane (or at least able to keep my eyes open... seriously, this is not the first night like this recently and the sleep debt is bad. I was truly struggling to keep my eyes open)! I just wanted to give him a little credit cause it's hard to be so cosiderate when you're only 3 1/2 and he was remarkably considerate and sweet!

1 comment:

On a fools hope said...

I think it must be the moon. Mr O was on a sleep through the night schedual and now he is waking again in the night, wanting to nurse and wriggle around causing much sleep deprivation. Oh the days of uninterupted sleep!!!! Where have they gone?! But many many Kudos to little man for being a super helper:)