So, umm, I haven't been around much. Mostly, I've been on facebook cause I can pop in for 5 minutes before someone spills something or hollers for me or , I don't know, plays in their own poop (it's been known to happen). I haven't forgotten about the blog. Just like I haven't forgotten about the Christmas lights still hanging up or the dusting, tidying, vacuuming, laundry and dishes that are always waiting to be done. But, life is plowing speedily forward and I'm just trying to figure out how to keep up. I do hope to keep coming back here. I think it's going to look a bit differently though. We're beginning to homeschool more proactively now and this might end up being a log about what we've done. At least (in theory) it can't be erased if I lose my files at home!
In that vein, today, we went to an old but still active train station and watched a vintage steam engine roll in. It was very cool. We got to walk along side it and see how big the wheels were. We heard the whistle blow a few times and compared it to the whistles of the freight trains and diesel engines that came through while we were standing there. We talked about the engine design and how incredibly messy the plume of back smoke was that puffed up as the engine pulled out. In short, we had a blast!
That's it for now. Maybe it won't be another 5 months before I post again!
what's in a tense?
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment