Saturday, June 04, 2005

15 Weeks (well, nearly 16!)

So, I just read that baby bean now has voal chords and is probably beginning to explore the boundaries of my uterus. I wish I could feel him/her. I also learned that when I poke around feeling my uterus, I'm probably scaring the poor kiddo. I'm not really showing at all. I can tell and I think Jim can tell, but I still fit into my old swimsuit and even though my pants don't quite fit everything else still does. I don't even feel fat and bloated (when does a woman ever complain about that?!?!) which is supposedly the common sentiment for right now. The good news is that I don't feel sick any more! In fact I only feel a little queasy if I've waited too long to eat (which as I've had three months of eating to stave of nasuea and I no longer have the nausea as a hunger cue, I've actually forgotten a couple of meals in the last two weeks!). Now I'm ravenous. I can eat a huge meal and feel hungry again in 20 mintues. I guess a lot of growing is going on!

On another note I'm excited because my diapers and diaper covers showed up this week. After talking to lot's of mom's who've diapered using cloth and doing some research on my own I decided that the best option for us (let's face it, me) was the old-fashioned pre-folds with pins and nylon covers. I looked into all of the fancy covers and wraps and all-in-ones and they just struck me as a lot of work (you have to wash a whole lot more with the all-in-one's) and I read several placces that the fancier stuff tends to fall apart more quickly. Besides the old-fashioned way was cheaper (go figure!) and expense is one of our reasons for choosing cloth. Hopefully we can get at least two kids through these diapers before having to buy more. It's kind of exciting to see the little pile of baby stuff growing in the living room. I can't wait to have a place to put it all! One step at a time.

No comments: