Sorry I didn't post last week. Honestly, I didn't realize I had missed it until I logged on to post today and saw the dates of the last posts. So, Daniel is doing better. He is nursing pretty well, although I am having a bit of difficulty getting him to open his mouth wide enough. He has the tendency to open it just wide enough to take the nipple alone which hurts like blazes and gets him no milk (so he then gets mad and screws his lips up tight... not really solving the problem). But he's gaining weight very well. Most doctor's like to see the baby gaining aproximately 1 oz per day after hitting their low point and he's been gaining nearly twice that. At our appointment last Wednesday he was already 7lbs 3 oz, so I'm hoping for a cool 8 lbs this week! We are going to the doctor every week right now because he is still jaundiced. His bili levels are no longer climbing, but they are certainly taking their sweet time coming back down. We switched pediatricians because our first doctor was completely disengaged and unprofessional (he didn't wash his hands before examining Daniel (only after) and he wouldn't return the calls of our home healthcare nurse, she kept having to call the exchange because he just wouldn't call her back. Ugh. He's fired!) We really like our new doctor, though. She's all business and has taken a lot of care to talk to us and reassure us. The only things is she's pretty insistent on a full vaccination schedule which I'm not convinced about. But, she's a good doctor and I don't really know what to do about vaccinations.
I'm doing okay. Mommyhood is all about diapers and leaky breasts and the occasional moments of sleep and cuteness. He smiles at me sometimes (gas or not, I need to believe that it's a smile) and that always makes the momentary frustrations just melt away. Physically I feel great, but I think I've been pushing my body too hard. It's weird because I feel normal, just a little tired, but there are indicators that I've been doing too much (like I started to bleed again). It's hard to know where the line is between not pushing too hard and being lazy.
Pictures to come soon. You have to see all of his beautiful hair and how snug he is in his sling!
what's in a tense?
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment