A couple of days ago J and D an I all sat down for dinner. J and I dug in forgetting to give thanks for our meal until D said, "Pway, mama!" So we put down our forks and prayed. A couple of days later D broke out with his own little prayer (also at the dinner table): "Dank you God Jesus." (D says this with very precise enunciation, DANK you GOD JE-sus over and over, solemnly but completely naively). Can I just say, there is really little more precious than the sight of my little boy with his hands clasped together praying. It makes me cry and smile and want to laugh hysterically all at the same time! I have no idea how a not-even two year old understands this ritual. Is it the same to him as the ritual of "dank you" and "bess you" and "kay mama?" Or is there an instinctive understanding of his Creator and Saviour on some level? It fills me with wonder (and glee)!
1 comment:
I thought i would say hello to you. Hatti is very adiment(can't spell sorry) that we pray every night. It is kinda neat because we end up praying the same thing my mom and I prayed growing up. And on the days I doubt God, which is more then I care to admit, the prayer is a comfort and a way to bring me back to peace. Good luck on your art exhibit the 28th and 29th. Wish we could be there. Maybe the next time. I am playing a concert the 29th so I will be thinking of you! Much love to you...
Post a Comment