Thursday, January 31, 2008

When it rains...

It dumps snow all over the freaking place and you get into car wrecks. Yes, that's right folks, as if the stress of the last 2 weeks (has it REALLY only been weeks?????) hasn't been enough of a test of my faith and trust, my nightmare came true tonight. We were in a head-on collision with preggo me and D & J. I was driving of course :) Anyway, I just got back from 3 1/2 hours at the hospital for observing the baby. I'm fine, she's fine, D's fine, and J's fine. The car, however, is a complete wreck. Airbags deployed, front end crushed to smithereens, smells like stinking engine smoke and of course the horn won't stop blaring.


On another but related note: A devotion on the name El Elyon was part of my devotions yesterday, "the Most High God". This name means God is sovereign. He is the Ruler of the Universe and nothing happens in any corner of the universe (or my life) without His permission. So, while yes, it's been one wild ride this last 2 weeks, I am clinging to El Elyon and praising Him for the ways in which He has been caring for us and protecting us. Tonight could have been really bad. As it is, worse case scenario: we're out a car and a couple thousand for an uneventful ambulance ride and hospital stay. I have my two babies, healthy and strong and I have my husband, my great source of strength and encouragement. But He is sovereign over everything. Hallelujah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Praise God you are all ok. I am wondering if there is anything that I can do for you in the coming weeks, although you always seem to have a handle on life, even when things get crazy.

best, sarah born

The Moore Family said...

Wow...I'm so glad you guys are safe!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone's okay!