Monday, September 08, 2008

OK, now what?

So I start working again tomorrow. Just teaching swim lessons a couple times a week, nothing big, really. But it feels big. And I'm not sure I like it. I guess I'm outing myself here, but I have an old-fashioned love of mothering. I like having flexible days. I like moments when my kiddo asks me crazy questions that make no sense to my adult brain. I like struggling to organize & maintain my house and thinking about our future of homeschooling. And I think I'm going to dislike this distraction of work away from my house. So I guess I'm kinda scared but I want the membership to the Y that comes with minimal employment (D's just now going under water and pushing off the wall & I really don't want to start all over again next summer). Plus, it'd be really good to swim some laps (especially after the depressing ordeal of buying a new suit that's appropriate for laps & teaching... let's just say I'm not 16 and swimming 6 hours a day anymore. I'm trying not to dwell. Pray for me.) I guess I'm kinda scared by the whole prospect.

In other, less whiny news, G-girl is pushing to a sit! D and I were brushing our teeth last Thursday morning and looked over to see her sitting up! She's gotten quite good at it even in the past 5 days and now spends a lot of her time crying after bonking her nose (or cheek, or back of her head) on the floor. She hasn't quite mastered the sit-to-crawl maneuver. However, she is scooting pretty fast these days and occasionally I even see a bit of the cross-crawl motion creeping in! Any day now D is going to holler from the other room that she's attacking his toys!

And I wish I was getting enough sleep to remember some of the amazingly cute things D-boy has been saying recently. But I'm not. Maybe I'll start writing them on the calender.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About 'writing them on the calendar' -- My sister (w/6 kids) hangs 6 calendars in a row across one wall in the kitchen each year, one for each kid. When they do something cool, or say something cute, or accomplish something, or get sick, or whatever, she jots it down. They are now old enough to remind her, or sometimes write things on their own/each other's calendars.