Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tonight in our house...

I came downstairs to check my email after a looooong day of running around (I was waiting for a couple semi-important emails). I left G-girl on the living room floor practicing her mean-lean almost-crawling skills as I knew I'd only be down there for 5 minutes max. D-boy was playing in their room. All appeared safe (naively, perhaps?). So, I ran back upstairs within 5 miutes only to find that G-girl had disappeared from the living room. My heart stopped and as I was turning around in panic to ask D-boy where she was, he pipes up from our bedroom, "Mama, I drove G in the dump truck!" [OK, I have been really good about not swearing, by the Holy Spirit's grace, but I swore at this moment]. But, the Spirit is indeed gracious and I was laughing by the time I got across the dining room and into my bedroom. Sure enough, G is taking up the entire back of the dump truck and looking entirely unsure of this new adventure. D is however totally proud of himself and wants some acknowledgment of this accomplishment. Unfortunately for him the acknowledgment pretty much went, "I know this was an experiment and you want G to play with you, but she's still too little for this kind of playing, so please don't pick her up again." G-girl burst into tears the moment she saw me.

So, I won't be doing that again!

3 comments:

The Moore Family said...

This is FANTASTIC! I know it was scary, but you will be so thankful for this moment of hilarity when they are grown ups!

Dawn D. Lion said...

That is hilarious!

Travels said...

We must be related. I remember sneaking downstairs for a quick errand with similar thoughts and coming up to find you riding your 2 week old sister like a horse. "Mommy, Mommy. I'm riding her!" Yee haw.