Than a sick baby :( Little Miss has been puking all night. She woke up crying really hard and after an hour of crying started puking, complete with shakes and chills. I hope the worst is past but I anticipate a long night and a rough day tomorrow. I hope Mr Man can avoid this altogether. That would be nice. Really nice.
You know, it occurs to me that when I was pregnant with Little Miss, I got the stomach flu 3 times. I never get the stomach flu (no kidding, it gets everyone else around me but maybe makes my tummy ache a little, never the "fireworks"). I'm pretty sure I said something to the effect of "this baby is going to be prone to stomach viruses cause this is weird." And here we are at 10 months with a stomach virus. Poor baby.
On a brighter note, it was gorgeous outside today. We spent the first half of our day weeding and top-mulching some beds at the farm. The farm? You read right! The kids & I are going to be working on an urban farm all growing season. I think it should be fun. If nothing else, we'll have an abundance of veggies and learn a lot about work! This is the result of our CSA dropping it's shares for this coming season. My friend and I started talking about other solutions and we decided to think about and (I guess) pursue statring our own farm/garden that was more of a collective or co-op based structure (vs. pay-based). But first we thought we should work on a farm and see where that gets us. So we asked if we could join the collective for the summer (I promise I have not given the children over to the Borg). And now I am a farmer (?!?!?!) I guess.
what's in a tense?
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment