Some days I find myself repeating "Stop, the FIRST time you are asked to stop" fifty times before noon.
Some days we have had to have time-outs and "sit down and work it out" sessions every half hour.
Some days I spend more time refereeing conflicts than I do getting anything "productive" done.
Some days are filled with meltdowns and hysterics over things like over-ripe avocados and bruised peaches.
Some days I say "use your words" more than I say anything else.
Some days are harder than others and I have to actively remember that these are the days that matter most. These are the days when I am teaching self-discipline and communication; when dealing with one's emotions, disappointments and keeping perspective are the real lessons. These are the days when mothering takes all my energy and resources and modeling the behaviour I expect and desire is as hard as it gets. These are also the days that the dishes don't get done and the floors don't get swept and I go to bed at 9:00pm.
what's in a tense?
10 years ago
1 comment:
your days sounds an awful lot like my days...
Post a Comment