Friday, August 13, 2010

What do you do when it's really HOT outside?

Paint your bodies, of course! It's been freaking HOT for days on end. And I mean too-hot-for-the-pool hot with heat indexes in the 110-120 degree range. So, being 9 1/2 months pregnant and hot anyway, we've pretty much done nothing for a week now. The kids are bored and fractious and Mama's tired, huge and cranky. We were in need of a serious change-up.

So we took a little trip to the craft store and found the face paints.

Body Painting- Mr Man


Then we came home (put down our handy-dandy vinyl tablecloth to protect the floor and define the painting zone) and had a little painting party!

Body Painting- Little Miss


And even Mama and Baby Brother got some of the painting love!

Painted Belly


I think they'll remember this one for a long time. I know I will, if only cause that's some sticky stuff, even inside in our blessed AC!

5 comments:

Beth said...

that looks like so much fun! way to change it up :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Beautiful pics of you and the kids, too.

The Moore Family said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I may have to steal it! :)

Dawn D. Lion said...

Great pictures, esp the one of you!
We've been making use of a lot of art time around here, too.

nathania tenwolde said...

i saw d's photo and thought: i want to see the baby belly!!! and there it is! so glorious!